Welcome International Alliance of Theatrical Stagehands Local 74
I.A.T.S.E. Local 74 of Southern Connecticut celebrating over 120 years of service to our clients and venues. We provide a technically trained labor force in all areas of production including rigging, carpentry, lighting, sound, props, wardrobe, hair and makeup. You may not see us in the dark, but we are there spotlighting your artist, behind the video camera at your corporate meeting, or providing audio at your next basketball game. We are able to help you with all aspects of your production including payroll and ever changing labor needs.
IATSE Local 74
P.O. Box 9075, New Haven, CT 06532
Info@iatse74.org or 203-497-3067
IATSE LOCAL 74 INFORMATIONAL PICKET OF
COLLEGE ST MUSIC HALL/BACKSTAGE SUPPORT LLC
Press release October 15, 2021
IATSE Local 74 will be picketing today, Friday October 15th outside the facility of College Street Music Hall at 238 College Street in New Haven from 9am to Noon.
BACKGROUND: On March 11th, 2020 the 21 Stagehands who work at College Street Music Hall voted unanimously in an NLRB-supervised election to be represented by IATSE Local 74. They work long hours and perform highly skilled jobs without any health care benefits.
NEW UPDATE: WE HAVE A DEAL!!
We greatly appreciate the solidarity and show of support during this long journey. Without all of your help we could not have made this possible. To the 21 Stagehands who stood strong, we are extremely proud of you all. #iatsestrong #iasolidarity
VENUE REQUIREMENTS FOR COVID 19
IATSE encourages all members to get vaccinated against COVID-19 to support the safe return of the performing arts. Per the IATSE Stagecraft Department, an employer may adopt a rule that generally requires employees to be vaccinated. It is not an invasion of privacy or a violation of state, local or federal law to adopt or enforce such a rule. While employers can mandate vaccinations, they are required to try to accommodate individuals with documented health or religious concerns that prevent them from being vaccinated. Please contact the venues directly if you wish to apply for an exemption from the COVID-19 vaccination policies due to a medical reason or because of a sincerely held religious belief.
- The Shubert Theatre policy is that employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine or show proof of negative COVID-19 PCR test within 48 hrs.
- Live Nation (Oakdale Theatre) policy is that employees show proof that they are fully vaccinated by Oct 24th.which means they have to get the single dose vaccine or the second of the 2 dose vaccine by Oct 4th. All employees will undergo COVID-19 rapid testing EVERY DAY they report to work.
- The Waterbury Palace Theater (PTG) and the Stamford Palace Theatre (SCA) requires employees to Show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or present proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours.
- OVG (Webster Bank Arena) mandates that employees must be fully vaccinated . Additionally, if a booster shot for COVID-19 becomes available, employees will be expected to schedule and complete booster vaccinations within a reasonable amount of time.
- Westport Country Playhouse mandates that employees show proof of full COVID-19 vaccination.
- Hartford Healthcare Amphitheater - show by show basis
Per CDC guidelines, employees will be considered fully vaccinated pursuant to the following schedule:
1. two weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series (i.e., the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines)
2. two weeks after a single-dose vaccine (i.e., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine).
If you have been hesitant about getting the vaccine but wish to join the 2,705,373 people or 75% of CT that has received at least one dose and the overall 2,441,115 people or 68% of Connecticut's population that has been fully vaccinated, here is a resource to find where to get that done: https://www.vaccines.gov/search/
One thing that has been consistent across the board with our venues is that face masks are required at all venues, regardless of vaccination status, except while actively eating or drinking.